Monday, August 31, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time again for a new post!

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get my hands on any marker refills today, which means I've got to purchase them online. Since I don't have the materials I'd like to use for my post this evening, and it's not recommended to complete those exercises digitally, I have something different for you tonight. Take a look!


I decided to try using what I've learned about rendering forms to create a simple still-life from my imagination, this was the result. While it's not anything worth hanging in a museum, I think it's alright. I think the apple in the center appears as if it's floating a bit, and the slices on the left seem to be oriented in relation to nothing else in the image, but the apple cut in half on the right is pretty nice. The colors used are pleasant enough, and I did finish it rather quickly, whether that was a good or a bad thing I'm not so sure! I'm happy that I was able to post something tonight, and though I mostly had slightly negative comments to make about this piece, I'm pretty proud I completed it.

Well that's all for this evening, I'll be posting some more digital work like this in the coming days so check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment