Monday, August 24, 2015

Hey everyone! It's time for a new post.

I'm finally back on track today, sorry it took me so long, that detour was pretty fun though! This is technically the start of a new macro theme, but since all of these exercises are connected I'll just be starting it now as opposed to waiting until next month.

Since I've worked with lines, planes, ellipses, and three dimensional organic forms, it's time to draw something that involves all of those things - plants!

For the next few days I'll be drawing a "wireframe" of sorts which would be what I'll later be detailing on top of. The focus here is to pay close attention to the underlying forms and stay true to the shapes of the plants I'm drawing, let's see how I did!


I'm pretty happy with how these turned out. I think the only ones that really could use some improvement are the corpse flower in the top right, and the welwitschia below it. That's mostly because I wanted to draw what my eye saw, and I didn't give my brain time to understand. I think I might give those two another go tomorrow to see if I can improve them a bit. I've noticed I have trouble with forms that don't have a lot of thickness, I saw that when I was drawing those arrows awhile back. Now it seems that deficiency has come back to bite me in the ass, haha! I'll probably end up doing some more arrow practice to see if that'll help.

That's all for tonight, check back tomorrow for something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment