Saturday, August 1, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new month - and that means a new theme!

I'm still working on the basics, but these are fundamental skills that I'll continue to build upon to get me where I want to be. The mini theme for the next few days will revolve around contour lines (no Kardashians will be harmed in the making of these exercises), lots of swoops and swooshes! Let's get down to it.


So what I've done here, aside from remind myself that ribbon dancing is a thing that exists, is to duplicate a curved line I drew as accurately as possible. Once that second curved line was drawn near the first, I connected those lines with an arrowhead at one end, and a nifty little notched edge at the other. After that was said and done I decided to get a little creative and some white to the top edge of the ribbons, that was mostly because I decided to buy a grey sketchpad, and also because I found this really cool white marker.

As far as the result of this exercise goes, I think these look alright. The lines are still a little static, and they don't curve as much as I'd like them to, so that's definitely something I'll be working on.

Well, that's all for tonight, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment