Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for another post!

Check out what I've got for you tonight!


I drew this with the thought of wanting to portray a figure reclining in some way, and then I had to take it into some kind of strange direction because that's just how my brain works. I'd definitely like to try and do a finished image based on this sketch, so maybe that'll be something I'll post at a later date. Anyway, on to how this relates to what I've been doing! I tried to really express the contours of the form by wrapping my lines around the arms and legs, making sure that they followed the curvature of the surfaces very closely. I also tried to describe the form of the rock formation the figure is perched on in a similar way. I'm really happy with the way this piece turned out from both a technical and emotional standpoint. I feel like there's a really cool story here I'd like to explore, but that's for another time!

That's all for this post, stop by tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment