Friday, August 28, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new update!

For the last few nights I've filled a page with a few "wireframe" sketches of plants and trees and tonight I'll be doing a full page study of one of those plants. If you guessed that this will be my next mini theme for the time being then you're right, let's get started!


I thought I'd start with a sunflower this evening, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. There's only a small fraction of the flower completely rendered so that the underlying form can still be seen, I think my favorite part is probably the fuzz on the stem, it was pretty fun to draw and it looks really neat, the leaf came out looking good too.

I also took some notes about what I observed, and added some bonus sketches of the flower before it blooms, and what it looks like when it starts blooming. I actually had a little bit of trouble figuring out the petals until I looked up images of the flower bud, that really cleared it up for me.They were sort of hard to draw in the beginning because I didn't know where they were actually coming from, haha!

That's all for this post, look forward to more detailed studies in the coming days, don't forget to check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment