Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Hey everyone, time for a new post!

Yesterday I did an imagined still life to try and showcase what I've learned thus far, tonight I tried to do something similar, but I didn't quite get it finished. Let me show you what I was working on and then I'll explain.

 

Since I drew a sunflower, I figured it might be fun to try my hand at painting some. I really like how the look of this painting was turning out, it almost seems as if it were created using traditional materials, it's completely digital though! There's always a benefit in changing brush settings in Photoshop it seems, anyway, back to the picture. I like it stylistically, but the flowers aren't quite working for some reason, that's when I tried this.


Now these are less developed than the first ones, but I sort of liked having more of them. I think the main issue now is that they don't really appear to be the focus of the image, because of that I decided to try this.


I added in some water behind them, because I think the yellow of the flower petals would contrast nicely against the blue of the lake in the middle ground. I'm still not completely sold on it though, I like where this was going, but I think this is something I'll be scrapping. I want to rework this idea and try something related tomorrow.

That's all for tonight, check back later to see what I come up with next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment