Saturday, August 22, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

Here's what I've got for you today.


Today I decided to try another landscape, and I'm really glad I did. I wasn't sure at first if I would be able to pull off what I wanted to do, but I think I created something really cool and learned a lot in the process. Since my last few posts were all about roundness, I thought this posted needed something angular, so that's why you'll find some cubes grouped together in the foreground and middle-ground. I wanted them to look a little organic, so they're not aligned perfectly with each other, which was a little tougher than I expected at first. After thinking for a moment about the exercises I did with free perspective though, I knew exactly what I needed to do! 

The other major accomplishment in this piece is that arch in the background, it's actually what I'm most proud of in the image. I originally didn't like what I drew, it was extending from the left of the image and just sort of stretching out off to the right of the page. I decided I needed to ground it, so I changed its direction and anchored it to the right side, but I was left with all of the lines there from when it was coming straight off the page. I added in the black marker that became the foliage in the background and it really completed the image. It was a total Bob Ross "happy accident," haha!

That's all for today, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment