Saturday, August 29, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

Tonight's my second plant study, let's see how it turned out.


I think this turned out great! I decided to add a couple more focal points this time around, that way you'd be able to appreciate how neat all of the different parts of it look. While I didn't get too
 much analysis of the forms that make up the plant on paper, I did jot down some cool facts about it. As far as its structure goes, it's really pretty simple. Drawing this way has been really eye opening for me, it's much easier to look at something now and break it down into easily digestible parts. This plant is really just a small thin cylinder (the stem) with an extruded circle cut in half along its middle (the petal-looking portion) and a long cylinder with a rounded cone on top. The detail on top all of that wasn't really too much effort because I'm not relying on it to describe the forms, it's only there to enhance their realism.

Well, that's all for this update. Check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment