Sunday, August 23, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for another new post!

I mentioned previously that I wanted to take some reference photos this weekend so that I could continue on with the exercises I've been doing, for a myriad of reasons (laziness) that did not happen today. I did whip up another neat little sketch though, so why don't we take a look at that?


I'm really happy with the way this turned out, it's giving me a really cool science-fantasy vibe and I am all about that! The first thing I drew was the large organic building (didn't know it was going to be a building at the time) in the center. Then I decided a little height would be a nice addition to the composition, so I added the little towers throughout. I tried to showcase the curvature of their surfaces of course, and I also tried to orient some of the smaller buildings around the round organic shape in the center. I think it turned out really nicely, and I definitely think this is a cool piece I'd like to work more on digitally sometime in the near future.

That's all for tonight! Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to get off my duff and do what I need to do. Keep your fingers crossed for me, haha! Check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment