Wednesday, August 12, 2015


Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

Tonight I've got another new mini theme for you, check it out!


Alright, so this mini theme's pretty simple conceptually, but it's a little tedious to execute. The next four posts, and I'm typing the exact number because I'm trying to keep myself from weaseling out of them, will be all about form intersections. Form intersections are as straightforward as they sound, it's just combining three dimensional shapes with each other, and making sure that they intersect at some point. As much as this was a pain to do, it's a really beneficial exercise because it makes you think about how objects interact with each other, and the interaction between forms is integral to communicating the information you're trying to convey to the viewer. If objects don't have the proper relationship in space to each other, or if they don't fit together in a way that makes sense, anyone would be able to see that something would be "off" with that piece of art. While I sort of dread continuing to draw these shapes in this way because of how tiresome it is, I'm happy thanks to the fact that I know this will benefit me in the end.

Check back tomorrow for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment