Friday, March 27, 2015

Hey there everyone, time for something new!

Here's the piece I worked from today.


Georges Seurat - "The Stone Breaker"

I like the characters portrayed in this painting a lot, there's a nice relationship between them even though they're not interacting directly. There's a nice use of contrast here, the red-brown pants against the golden grass, the white popping out against all of the other darker values, it really adds up to make the figures the focus of interest. Let's see how I did!


I like the way this turned out, I did something a little different this time and sketched out everything first. I usually just block in color then rush into fleshing out all of the detail. It's not perfect, but it was definitely something I learned from. I tried to really get the position of everything right before I started painted, and I feel like I did alright in that respect. I did this painting in layers while I was working on it, that means I've got a .gif for you tonight too, have a look!


As you may be able to see, I moved the gentleman on the left over a little further, he was a bit too close to the other person in the painting. I feel like if I kept him in that position it might have changed the narrative there a little bit, but not for the better (at least not for the other guy).

That's all for tonight, check back again for something new tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment