Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Hey everyone! Here's tonight's post!

Tonight's kinda special because it makes my 100th update! Pretty cool, right? I can't believe that's right, on top of that I've almost reached 2000 page views! Thanks so much to everyone visiting and checking out what I've been working on, it means a lot! Anyway, let's see how I did with today's painting!

This is the image I worked from today.


Thomas Cole - "The Oxbow"

I picked this image for today because it contained something I had some trouble with yesterday, namely that nice little tree in the foreground. Since it was a rather prominent feature of the composition I knew this was what I had to paint to redeem myself from yesterday. So, let's see how I did!


I'm really happy with the way it turned out! The tree here is 1000 times better than what I did yesterday, so I'm very glad about that. Everything's a little askew, but it's not bothering me too much. The clouds were kinda difficult to capture, so I don't think they look exactly like the original image, but I'm not worried about that either. It's very difficult to achieve the look of a painting with a digital medium, and this took a long time to do, so I didn't have a lot of time to polish it up. Total paint time here was probably four hours and forty five minutes. I know I'll get faster at doing stuff like this though, so that's why I'm trying to slowly integrate more detail into the paintings I'm working from.

Thanks for checking out this post! Don't forget to look for another one around this same time tomorrow! 

No comments:

Post a Comment