Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Hey everyone, time for another update!

Here's the painting I worked from today.


Jasper Francis Cropsey - "By the Sea"

Upon further viewing this one really appears to be a bit more about composition than color, but it was different enough from what I worked with last week, so I guess that's why I ended up picking it. It's a beautifully rendered image, the style here's a bit looser than that of Thomas Cole's painting yesterday. I really like how warm the image is overall, lots of golds, oranges, and greens (and the greens are almost a green brown). Let's see how I did!


The first thing you may notice is the figures in the foreground have been removed, they did not matter within my artistic vision so they were ejected from the piece (not really, I just didn't feel like painting them, I do what I want). I like it well enough, the rendering of the rock formation in the background's a bit crude, I didn't really capture all of the nuances for the form, and the shore's obviously lacking detail (and Snookie, but we'll not be complaining about that), I like the rocks on the left though. 

I think that's about all I can muster as a critique for this evening, check back again tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment