Monday, March 30, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

Today we're going to be taking another look back at something I feel needed a bit of improvement. Here's the piece I reworked today.


"Sitwell Family" - John Singer Sargent

Take a look at my first attempt below.


There's a real problem here with the scale of the figures in this version. The husband and daughter in the background are positioned too near to the wife in the foreground. She's also a little too short as well, so is the table for that matter. So yeah, not a lot of good here, that's why this one's getting a do-over. Here's the new version!


This one turned out great, I'm so glad I decided to give this one another go! Everyone looks like they're just about where they're supposed to be. The scale issues are fixed, and the value is much truer to the original.

Here's another gif to compare the original and my two attempts.


Much improved over the original attempt! There are still a few flaws, mainly the size and position of the husband's and wife's heads. Other than that, I'm super happy with it!

Don't forget to check back tomorrow for my final update, along with my review of all the pieces I've painted this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment