Saturday, March 7, 2015

Hey everyone, here's tonight's post!

Here's what I worked from today.


John Singer Sargent - "El Jaleo"

This one's a real departure from the other pieces I've used as reference, and that's a good thing! I wanted to finish this week of black and white compositions off with something kinda difficult, so that's how I ended up using this painting. There are nine figures total, there's a whole lot of movement, and there are some interesting things going on as far as value goes. Let's take a look and see how I did.


It's not too bad, unfortunately it suffers from being a little rushed, but I'm mostly happy with it. The angle of the dancer's head isn't quite right, and I didn't actually get to paint any of the light areas in on the figures behind her. I think what I'm going to do for the sake of redeeming myself here is give this one another shot at the end of the month. This first week was about black and white, next week's about color, and after that it's gonna be all complete studies. I'll be using this one again so that I can make sure I get it right.

Anyway, it's gif time.


That's all for tonight, check back tomorrow for something new!


No comments:

Post a Comment