Sunday, March 29, 2015

Hey everyone, here's something new!

I decided that I'm going to spend these last few days of the month attempting to redeem myself for some pieces I felt weren't all that great the first time around. So this isn't really "new," but it's a new interpretation. For my first redux study we're gonna go back to the beginning of the month! This is the piece I worked from on the 3rd, it's the first painting that's getting a second shot!


"Young Man in Reverie" - John Singer Sargent

My first attempt was a little less than stellar, have a look here.


His arm's a little too short, the ledge next to him where the vases are isn't tall enough, and the angle of his face is way off. That's why I choose this painting to rework, it had a few obvious errors I thought I could fix. Let's see if I was able to do just that!


I'm really proud of this version! I feel like I was able to address all of the issues I pointed out before, and I also rendered a lot of the detail much better than last time. To think that I did this less than a month ago, and I've improved this much is really exciting. I may not be where I want to be artistically right now, but I'm well on my way there.

Here's another gif, this'll be a comparison between my versions and the orignal, take a look.


Pretty cool, right? The head's still a little too small from the looks of this, but I think it's a whole lot better than my first attempt.

That's all for today, check back again tomorrow for something new(ish)!

No comments:

Post a Comment