Saturday, January 9, 2016

Trial and Error

Tonight I took a stab at painting without sketching first. I think it went alright but I'm not exactly over the moon. Check it out!


The design of the character's pretty reductive, and the background isn't really anything worth mentioning, but I think this could have been cool had it more intention. This was one of those times where I wish I had a second monitor. Were that the case I could have slapped some cool references on it and just painted away with them in view. Unfortunately my desk is minuscule and monitors don't hover politely in the airspace around your workstation - yet.

It took about an hour and half to get to this stage, but I don't think I'll be continuing work on this particular piece. It's just kinda "blah." With a little research, and maybe more sketching, I might be able to resurrect the concept though!

That's all for this post, stop by tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment