Sunday, January 3, 2016

Salacious Sockeye

I wrote a poem sometime ago after making myself lunch with some lox, bread, and arugula. Here's how it goes.

"Six sultry smoked salmon sandwiches sauntered up to the bar. Their locks were mermaid and their legs were fishnet-clad, all of the regulars agree - that was the best night that dive ever had."

Ever since I put pen to paper and created that little gem I've been yearning to illustrate it. Since I didn't have too much time to work on my latest project today, I thought now might be a great time to take a crack at it. Here's how it's shaping up.


I love this so much, it's simply wonderful and completely demented. That just so happens to be exactly the way I was hoping this would turn out!
I've found in the last few days that I feel like something has changed, I've really been able to execute my ideas a lot quicker than I have in the past. I would have labored over this for a week before getting to this point, and yet this took me all of an hour tonight. This makes me so excited for the future, and so happy that I might be able to do more this year than last!

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment