Thursday, January 28, 2016

Level Up!

I started watching an instructional video series on traditional painting recently, and for tonight's post I tried to put what I've learned into practice digitally. Take a look!


I think this looks fantastic! I'm using what is referred to as a "classical" color palette. These were the colors available to painters before the Industrial Revolution and the development of the wide variety of pigments used thereafter. Armed with only hexadecimal color approximates of titanium white, cadmium yellow, alizarin crimson, burnt umber, ultramarine blue, and phthalo blue, I created this! While I'd love to get more into detail concerning the process, I'm apparently too sleepy to do so, haha!

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment