Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Spawning Detail

When I start a digital painting I can usually make a great amount of progress in a very short amount of time. However, as time goes on it takes more time to get ever smaller things done. You can see what I mean here; this is the latest work I've done on my salmon sirens.


They're looking good, everyone seems to have had some time to fix their hair, but not much else has happened. The progress I made here took about as long to accomplish as all of the work I did before this point. That's what tends to happen when you start to tighten up all of the components in a piece though. Creating art is kind of like starting a to run a marathon upright, then ending it crawling to the finish line over broken glass. You're proud to say you did it, but it can be pretty tough getting there!

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment