Thursday, January 7, 2016

Into the Forest

In my last post I mentioned that I might be starting something new today. Well, that's exactly what I did! I think it's shaping up to be pretty neat, check it out!


As usual, I didn't start with any particular subject matter in mind, I just knew I wanted to paint on a canvas that was taller than it was long. I started scribbling a little bit and came up with this cute character in the foreground. She looked like some kind of forest nymph so I drew a forest around her. I really like how the colors are looking already. I've been doing something different lately by just laying down a few dark colors at 100% opacity, then "washing" over those colors with lighter ones. It really seems to create this lovely painterly effect. I can't wait to work on this piece a bit more, unfortunately I actually will have to wait until the weekend!

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment