Thursday, January 21, 2016

Marsupial Man?

So I'm sitting here at my computer listening to Kylie Minogue while sketching and this is what I came up with.


Koala-bear-man? Man-bear-koala? Australian pop induced fever painting? I don't really know. What I do know is that this is pretty cool looking! I think the one thing that really stands out here is the bounced light in the rock shadows, it really adds a touch of realism to the piece. Noting that makes me look at the absence of light elsewhere in the image, so that's something I really be mindful of. I never really used to get far enough into a drawing or painting to consider it, but now that I've been doing more art lately it's glaringly missing from my work. Guess that's just another post-it note on my to-do list of art things to learn!

Well, that's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new! 

No comments:

Post a Comment