Wednesday, January 27, 2016

And then there was

Imagine a person you know well, a person you know better than any other person in the world. Now imagine not being able to describe this person your friends, or family, or even total strangers. Sometimes art is like that. When you sit with pen in hand and fall into your imagination it's all there, as bright as the sun, but that light can wither when brought out into the world. Every so often though, you catch it, and you can share it with other people. You can make them see what you see. What I've got for you this evening isn't anything groundbreaking, but it represents the opening of a door. A sliver of light shinning into a darkened room.


It's a little rough, and it was kind of hard to get it to this state, but I'm really proud of it. The work is so rewarding, and I think that's why I love creating so much. Ultimately the finished product is for everyone else, but the journey to that point is for me, and it's something I hope to enjoy for a long time to come. Every post on this blog is pushing me in the right direction, getting me to where I want to be. It's really great sharing this experience with others, because I hope it helps people to feel the joy and pride I feel while I'm working on something.

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment