Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for another update!

I didn't have any time to work on my landscape today, but I did draw something pretty cool in my sketchbook. Here's what I drew!


As usual, I started out with some quick sketch lines. I noticed that I ended up drawing something that had the rough outline of a figure and a few simple curves to indicate a face. Running with that idea in mind, I fleshed out the character's robes. Then I filled in a bit of the detail that became the hair. This drawing was a bit different from the last ones I've posted because instead of using fine tipped pens I decided to start out drawing with marker. That actually made filling in the color of the character's clothing relatively quick, but I had to really think about each each stoke before I put pen to paper. Once that was done, I added in all the little details with fine tipped pens. The toughest part of this particular drawing was capturing the character's expression. I tried to use as few lines as possible to create the look on her face, and I think it paid off. She's emoting, but her expression isn't overwrought. I wanted her feelings to be expressed simply and delicately to contrast the elaborate nature of her clothing.

I hope you enjoyed looking at, and reading about, this sketch as much as I enjoyed creating it! That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new! 

No comments:

Post a Comment