Saturday, December 19, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

Last night I shared a sketch, and for tonight's update I'll be sharing my progress on that same sketch, have a look!


Whoa! It's actually coming along! I kind of surprised myself actually. Not everything in the original drawing is staying where it was, and that's okay. After looking the original composition over I decided that I needed to make a couple of tweaks. The lizard's tail was a bit too long for it to look like it was properly in perspective, so that was shortened. I also adjusted the position of his rear leg a bit, just so that it looked a little less awkward. I really like the way the character's face and head turned out. I initially drew the back of his head a little too far back, so he ended up having this E.T. like skull. Thankfully that was another thing I changed.

Tomorrow I'll hopefully have enough time to flesh out these characters more, and if I'm really doing well I'll have final line work ready for color! That's all for this post, check back again soon for new art!

No comments:

Post a Comment