Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for another update!

I've got a new sketch from my sketchbook for you tonight, take a look!


As usual, I started out with a lot of random scribbling, then developed those scribbles further. I couldn't figure out if I wanted to draw a landscape or a figure, so after following the initial lines I laid down I think I kinda drew both. There's a little bit of humanoid anatomy in there, but his face is mostly like a rock formation. This sketch has a lot of really great contrast too, that pop of white pencil really adds a ton of impact (which is why I used it sparingly). I'm also really happy with the character's eye, there's a wonderful look of longing there that's pretty neat.

Before I wrap things up I just want to thank everyone that visits this blog for coming back day after day. Thanks to that tonight marks a huge milestone for me. You all have have pushed me past the 4,000 page view mark, that's super cool! There was never quota I wanted to meet, but it's extremely validating to see people taking interest in what I love doing. I really appreciate the support, thanks again everyone!

Well that's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment