Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for another update!

I'm back on track tonight with more progress on that fantasy landscape I've been working on. Check it out!


You'll notice that the rocks on the left look a bit grayer than they did before. That's because I wanted them to appear a bit farther away from the viewer than they looked previously. Higher contrast forms read closer to the observer than forms that have less dramatic differences in value. That's why the "sun" in the background appears to leap off the screen, because it's the part of the image with the highest contrast. I also added a bit more detail to the foreground, and started refining some of the detail that was already there. At this point it might be kind of tough to see without enlarging the image, so I'd definitely recommend clicking on the thumbnail above to get a better look.

That's all for this post, don't forget to check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment