Sunday, April 12, 2015

Hey everyone, it's update time!

Today was a day I did a lot of thinking, so though I don't have something all that impressive to share, I'll post what I've got and explain a bit about it. Have a look.


You may notice this looks a lot like what I shared in my post on the 7th, that's because it has been tweaked a little bit because I wanted to try a different design idea, hooray for working with PSD files!

I decided that giving my creature wings and human arms was something that has been done a million times before, so I thought to look for more inspiration from bird anatomy to try and do something new.

The drawing up there is a preliminary sketch to help me incorporate a bird torso into a human body. Though this is a fantasy image I want it to be grounded somewhere in reality, and the completely glossed-over issue of bird-people anatomy was too glaring for me to ignore. This was abundantly clear after looking over some avian anatomy references I found on Google.

I'm going to try to get a couple studies done tomorrow, then post those either all at once or over the course of the week. This project has changed a whole lot since it started, and I've actually scrapped a few things I've done already simply because they weren't working.

I really think the longest part of the process is going to be getting this creature right, so though it's been slow going I know it's gonna be worth it in the end.

Check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment