Saturday, April 4, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for an update!

Today's subject is a bit different from the last two days, it's a person! I really like the dark complexion of the creature I drew in the concept sketch, so that inspired me to collect some reference images of Djimon Hounsou, he has the most beautiful features and skin! Here's a quick study I did from one of the photos I found online.


I really want to try and capture that powerful look he has in his posture, but soften the expression to look a bit kinder and incorporate that into the finished creature pose. This study was really fun to do!

Before I end this post tonight, I want to share the timeline I'll be using to keep myself on track for this painting. I mentioned that in an earlier update so I wanted to make sure I followed through! Here's how it's all gonna go.

  1. 4/7 - Studies Complete
  2. 4/14 - Character Design Complete
  3. 4/18 - Environment Studies Complete
  4. 4/21 - Thumbnails & Final Composition Complete
  5. 4/30 - Final Piece Complete
There you have it, five easy steps! Look forward to another post tomorrow, enjoy what's left of your Saturday evening! 

No comments:

Post a Comment