Saturday, September 19, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time again for a new post!

I've got another neat fungus to show you tonight, and this one's not "bleeding!" Check it out.


This is artomyces pyxidatus, or coral fungus, and it's really pretty looking (well I think it is at least)! They're usually found growing in larger clusters than this, but I didn't want to fill the page with a giant lump of these things, because I really wanted the viewer to be able to appreciate its structure. I picked this particular fungus because the way I went about drawing it was similar to how I approached yesterday's post. This was all about lines! I'm really quite pleased with the way this turned out. I felt stumped by this at first, but I kept plugging away and ended up with something I'm really happy with.

That's all for tonight, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment