Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time again for another update!

Tonight I'll be sharing with you the process of creating a different version of the painting my last post was about, let's get started!

Last night I was mixing the color on my canvas, which is sort of a no-no, that's why my first step this evening was establishing a color palette. You'll find what I came up with below.


I think it's pretty lovely, don't you? I only selected five colors, then simply blended those together to create the various hues you see there. Once I had my palette sorted out, it was time to do a quick sketch, and here it is!

It's pretty different from what I posted yesterday, but I like it. I couldn't quite figure out how I wanted to arrange a close-up of a sunflower, so I thought it best to show them in a field where they're probably happiest. Now that the sketch has been created it was time to start adding in some color, take a look.


And this is where I stopped. I might put a few more flowers down at the bottom, and position them so that they appear a bit closer to the viewer, but that'll be for another night!

Check back tomorrow to see how this progresses, that's all for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment