Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time again for another plant study, this'll be number four. If you like, you can view my last plant study here!

Here's what I've got for you tonight.


My subject for this post was a pitcher plant, this variety is also know as a "monkey cup." Each time I do one of these studies I'm shocked by how simple things are in their construction. I noted on the right that this plant is basically just an elongated sphere with a small cylinder on top, and the tendril at the bottom is a thin elongated cylinder. The ellipsis on top of the form where I rendered detail show just how much the minutia of something can distract from its overall shape, I remember looking at stuff like this when I was younger and thinking it'd be so hard to replicate! I guess I'm still a little gobsmacked by how much this means of analyzing a subject has really helped me as an artist.

Well, that's all for this post! Check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment