Friday, November 20, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

I've got more stuff from my sketchbook tonight!


I feel like I unintentionally drew my personal struggle to get through work today, haha! What can I say? It was a long week!

As far as the actual technical parts of the drawing go, I drew the figure extremely quickly, you can still see some of the gesture lines under all of the detail. Once I had those lines down I was able to flesh out his position relatively easily. Rendering everything in this piece was pretty tough though, because I really had to think about which lines were going to be adjacent to each other. If I hadn't done that then it might have appeared that separate surfaces were actually continuous, and that would have been confusing. I've also been making good use of the variety of pen thicknesses I have at my disposal. This has actually helped me a lot to complete pieces more expediently, but it's sort of an unusual behavior for me. I was always that person that drew with mechanical pencil and an infinitesimally small pencil-lead. It's no wonder I never used to finish anything!

Well that's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment