Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

I've got another pen drawing for you tonight, what do you think?


A few sweeping lines to from the bottom left of the page turned into this! I guess I just really like drawing landscapes, haha! I tried to imagine what some immense alien buildings would look like after they had been long abandoned, and I'm pretty happy with the result. 

I was playing with using line direction yesterday to differentiate between different surfaces, and I really put that technique into practice with this drawing! I made sure all the lines I drew really wrapped around the surface of the forms to give them a sense of existing in three dimensions. I also like how I used a more gentle curved line for the clouds, I've never tried drawing them that way before but I think it's something I'll be doing again!

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment