Sunday, November 1, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time again for a new post!

Today I did a little more work on the character sketches I posted yesterday, here's how they're coming along.


As you can see I'll be working through these left to right to refine their shape. I looked up a few references before I started today and I think that helped me a lot. My mind's a really good place for that initial spark of creation, but most of the time it's impossible to work entirely from what's in your head, that's why I'm learning that references are your friend. I'm taking my time on these silhouettes because they're really the most important part of the ideation process, these 'cut-outs' are what will set the overall tone for the character I'm trying to create.

Here's a little progress gif to show what I've done so far.


I think these are gonna be pretty cool looking once I get a little more work done, it's always fun to see how much progress you're making on something, right?

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment