Sunday, February 8, 2015

Hey everyone, here's today's self portrait! Look at this, I'm posting almost 12 hours earlier than I normally do, what's up with that?


Super bored face, awesome, let's see how this one went.


This one was hard. Like, super hard. Diamond hard. It's not perfect by any stretch, but I stopped at a place where I was happy with it. The reason I had so much difficulty with this one was for two reasons, you'll see they're a very big part of the piece (ha, I punned). The eyes. They were crazy hard to paint at that angle for some reason. I couldn't quite get where they were supposed to go, and I initially made them so large they looked something like this. This whole painting ended up taking about 2 and a half hours because I spent that much time fixing my super-kawaii anime eyes. The rest of it was really rather simple. My takeaway from this painting is to pay special attention to eye position next time around, especially in a situation where they're looking up or down.

That's all for today! Check back tomorrow for another self portrait!

No comments:

Post a Comment