Friday, February 6, 2015

Hey everyone, here's today's (kinda late) self portrait!


I don't know what I'd call today's image either. It's sort of a disgusted look of disapproval, maybe? I don't know, we'll just go with that. Here's how I did!


I like this one, a whole lot actually. This is my favorite so far. I fixed yesterday's wonky neck issues, punched up the contrast, and put a bit more expression in my - well, expression. I struggled most with the mouth I think, the rest of it was fairly straightforward. I don't think I quite captured the look of my lips, but I don't think it's too bad. I tried to play around a little bit more today in finding a comfortable style to work in. I really like this kind of 'carved in' look I achieved by adding tone in with scratched lines. I also started this one differently today, I outlined all of my features first, then painted in the detail. With the others I've done I simply created a fuzzy grey mess that I cleaned up and refined. Can't say which method I like best at the moment, guess I'll keep messing around till I figure that out.

Alright, that's all for tonight! Check back again tomorrow for another update!

No comments:

Post a Comment