Saturday, February 7, 2015

Hey everyone, here's today's self portrait!


So I guess this one's something like 'staring longingly into the distance,' or something. #modelfacejk Let's see how I did.


I really like this one! It's not perfect, I think I'm looking a little bit more towards the viewer than in the photo reference, but it's pretty damn good. I tried blocking in rough values instead of doing any line-work first and I think that method really looks best. I'm still developing my painting style for portraits, but the scratchy look of yesterday's piece was incorporated in this one (albeit in a more subtle way). I think the under eye area could use a little bit of work, other than that I'm super happy with this piece.

Check back tomorrow for another portrait! If you aren't sick of my face already. 

No comments:

Post a Comment