Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Hey everyone, here's today's self portrait!


I think this is my best, "yeah, right," face. Let's see how I did.


It's not awesome, it wasn't something I took particularly too much time on (#rushjob), but I like it. I think the good in this is that my expression, even if it isn't 100% accurate based on the photo, is almost immediately readable. I think this one really succeeds as a caricature, not so much a portrait painting from a photo. Again I kinda bumped up the contrast to give a little more depth to the piece, and I left some scratchy lines around the edges from where I whittled down the silhouette (it almost always starts out as a tonal blob that I shape into something recognizable).

Check back tomorrow for another update, have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment