Saturday, January 10, 2015

Hey there everyone! Kinda late update this evening but here we go!

It took a little while to find something I really liked, but as soon as I saw this image I knew it was what I wanted to work on. Check it out!


I think this is more along the lines of what I wanted to do yesterday. I really wanted to work with some reds and browns since every other painting thus far has been a lot of blue and green. Here's the original for comparison.


I claim no ownership of this image, it was used as reference for the study above.

I feel like each time I do one of these I get a little bit more accurate as far as placement of the main forms in the scene. The slope of the cave wall on the left's not exactly correct, but other than that it's a pretty faithful reproduction. It was really fun to use some different colors and paint in the light on the rock.

That's all for today, there will be another update tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment