Saturday, January 3, 2015

Hey everyone, here's today's post!

I think this one was a lot more successful than the last two, I mentioned yesterday that I was going to try something different and I think it worked pretty well.

With my prior two pieces I just kinda roughed all the mass in really quickly and then tried to flesh out the details. I didn't take the time to look over everything and make sure it was all in the right place. This time around I took a moment to sketch out where everything should be, then laid in all the color, I think it really helped! You can be the judge though, here's how it turned out.



And here's the original for comparison.


I claim no ownership of this image, it was used as a reference for the study above.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out, obviously it's not a perfect (there are some color issues and the bottom portion around the base of the rock isn't completely painted), but I feel like this was a step in the right direction. This piece was completed in about 35 minutes (I wanted to be done in 33:03 but the rock was too unfinished for me to be happy with stopping).

Can't wait to do another one of these tomorrow, see you then!

No comments:

Post a Comment