Saturday, January 17, 2015

Hey everyone! Here's today's update!

I took my time again on today's piece, luckily in the past few days I've had extra time to take! This one was done in just about an hour, have a look!


I really enjoyed painting in all of the detail in the sand dune in the background, that was probably the most fun part of this piece. The tree gave me a little trouble because it was a lot of detail to squeeze into a small space. Looking at this with the original image below it I realize I should have pushed the contrast in the foreground just a little bit more, but I'm really happy with the overall placement of the elements in the scene so that's a plus! Here's the original for comparison.


I claim no ownership of this image, it was used as a reference for the study above.

That's all for today, check back again tomorrow for another update!

No comments:

Post a Comment