Friday, January 23, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for today's update! This one's kinda special in that the image used was something an artist I really like posted on Reddit. His name's Noah Bradley, you can check out his stuff by clicking on his name, I included a link to his site there. Anyway, let's take a look at what I painted!


I feel like if I came across this image at the beginning of the month I might have been too intimidated by it's complexity to tackle it, but with a few of these paintings under my belt I felt a lot better about giving this a shot. I started off this one just as I have all the others, the outline was sketched on my background layer, then I colored the image from back to front. I did two detail passes to add in all of the tonal variations needed to convey the shape of the landscape, then once that was done I flipped it, blurred it, and painted in the reflection. The whole process took about an hour ten minutes. I'm really happy with the way this piece turned out. Here's the original for comparison.


I claim no ownership of this image, it was used as a reference for the study above.

That's all for today, I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Check back again tomorrow for a new digital painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment