Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hey everyone! Here's today's landscape speed-paint.

This one took a little more time than anticipated, my goal was to be finished at 33 minutes and 3 seconds but it took an extra 9 minutes 52 seconds to finish. I'm really happy with the result though!

I sketched everything out before I started blocking in the color. I started with the sky first then jumped to the foreground, that's where my trouble started. Next time I've got to make sure I work from back to front, I got suckered into the foreground by wanting to render those details and it ended up costing me a lot of time.

It's still not quite 100% accurate, but I think this one's the best yet.


Here's the original for comparison.


I claim no ownership of this image, it was used as a reference for the study above.

That's all for today, I'll be posting again tomorrow. Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment