Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Real Paint

Today I got to sit down with a good friend, put a real paintbrush to canvas, and paint! It was a lot of fun. While what I worked on isn't finished yet, I wanted to share with you what work I did, check it out!


It might not look like too much at the moment, but I think it's coming along nicely. I was inspired to paint a scene I captured in a photograph earlier this week, and that's the beginnings of it above! I'll be sharing that photo once I post the finished piece, I think it'll be a little more fun that way! 

Here's another look at my painting along with the palette I mixed my colors on.


As a quick note, I was really surprised at how dark the paint dried! These pictures were taken just a few moments apart but the painting actually ended up drying a little bit darker than it looks in the second photo! I felt this was worth mentioning because it's something I'm definitely going be mindful of when mixing colors in the future.

This was a really enjoyable change from what I've been doing lately, and I hope to paint a bit more tomorrow. Make sure to stop by then!

No comments:

Post a Comment