Thursday, February 4, 2016

Bad Grandma

Story time! I'm currently working as a customer service representative in a call center. I help people order products on the telephone, and I also help them with issues they might have with products they've ordered. Today I encountered an older woman that wanted to ask me when the handbag she purchased might be arriving. I let her know she should be receiving it in a day or so and she was delighted! Without skipping a beat she told me that she was really excited to get the bag because "it'll be perfect for me to carry my firearm in!". I kept the conversation light as I helped her with a few more things, then we parted ways. I couldn't help but let my imagination wander a bit after I spoke with her, because what she shared was so out of left field, and it made me think of what she might be like in person. So that's what I've created for you tonight! Check it out!


I can't look at this without chuckling, it's kind of amazing. It's obviously a bit of a caricature, and I turned her into a vigilante of sorts (that's what was floating in my mind while painting), but it's totally awesome! She's constructed like a cartoon character, just a bunch of really simple shapes, but she's painted in a realistic style. I think that ended up giving her a really cool look. This piece was a lot of fun to do, and I think I created a character I'd like to explore a little more. Who knows, she might end up in a comic!

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment