Saturday, October 24, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

Here's the finished tree sketch that I started last night, take a look!


This turned out pretty nice! I didn't really learn anything groundbreaking here, but it was a nice exercise to put what I already know into practice. I tried to make sure all of the lines I drew followed the contours of the tree, and I used highlights sparingly so that they wouldn't take away from the overall look of the image. Here's my first try for comparison.


I actually like this one a lot, but it doesn't really look like the reference image, and that's something I have to be careful about. I like to add in details that aren't there, and that's sort of a no-no when you're trying to replicate something exactly.

Here's a gif of how it all came together.


That's all for this post, check back tomorrow for something new!

No comments:

Post a Comment