Friday, October 23, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

While I would have loved to follow up last night's post with another new digital painting, the next lesson in "Art Academy" is a pencil sketch, so that's what I'll be sharing with you this evening. Have a look!


It might look finished, but I'm not quite there yet. There are still some highlights I need to add, and I'll probably be detailing the mass in the background that represents the leaves a bit more. I also think the area that's not quite in shadow in the middle of the tree could use a bit of darkening, it's pulling my eye to that spot a little too much. Aside from all that, this drawing was pretty fun, mostly because I had to make my own digital "pencil brush" in Photoshop. I can't say I've ever actually attempted that before, so it was a pretty enjoyable process, and I think I was pretty successful too!
Well that's all for this post, check back tomorrow for the finished product!

No comments:

Post a Comment