Monday, October 19, 2015

Hey everyone, it's time for a new post!

Since I've been taking a little break from my drawabox lessons, I decided it might be fun to work on something different, this way I'll stay focused and keep learning. I bought this game a couple years back thanks to a recommendation from a friend (I appreciate it Jasmine!) called "Art Academy," it's a game about painting and drawing for the Nintendo 3DS. The lessons are really fun, and they are rooted in the same principles and techniques used by great artists to produce wonderful works of art, so I thought it'd be neat to revisit and share with all of you here.

The first lesson's about painting a cherry on a simple cream colored background, this isn't done quite yet, but check out what I've got so far!


It's pretty cute, right? Now I could be drawing this directly on the 3DS, but the stylus is tiny and the resolution of the final image would be super small, so I'll be doing all of this in Photoshop. I'm breaking up everything into layers, instead of painting everything together, that way I can put a little progress gif together once it's all done!

That's all for this post, check back tomorrow to see how it's coming along, thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment