Sunday, March 8, 2015

Hey everyone, here's tonight's update!

Last week was all about composition, this time that's taking a back seat, this week's all about color. I was speaking to my professor Lisa about what I'd be doing, and she recommended some artists for me to check out whose work included vibrant color. Today's piece is something done by one of those artists.

Have a look!


Edouard Vuillard - "Two Seamstresses in the Workroom"

This was exactly what I was looking for, it's vibrant, a little abstract, and all about the color. There's a nice contrast here between the blue of the seamstresses and the gold tones in the background. You can see the fabric they're handling piled in the background and the sewing machine in the front. It's really a wonderful painting. This was an absolute blast to work on. Let's see how I did!


I'm very pleased with the way this turned out, it's not perfect, but it was a lot of fun. It was also a wonderful learning experience. The weakest points in the image are definitely the sewing machine (because I honestly didn't know what it is when I was painting it), and the hair color of the woman in the foreground. There was no color picking done in this image, I didn't simply use the eyedropper tool in Photoshop to figure out what was what then transfer it to my version, this was all done by eye. I took this test a little while back to see if I was colorblind (I know I'm not but I wanted to see where my deficiencies were), I've got to go back and take it again to see if I'm weak in recognizing colors in the red-brown range. That might help me to know considering this weeks' subject matter, and for all other art I produce ever too!

Well, that's all for today, check back tomorrow for another update!



No comments:

Post a Comment